Thursday, March 19, 2009

Headbangin'

So in light of Natasha Richardson's recent passing, and the fact that it was by a minor brain injury that leads to a fatal "talk and die" syndrome.... well I started to worry. Yes I may be a bit of a hypochondriac sometimes, BUT it's in that kinda adorable Billy Bob Thornton in Bandits way rather than the Jack Nicholson As Good As It Gets way.

At least that's what I tell myself.

Problem:
So I've been banging my head against my pillow to help me sleep since I was a baby. Dr. Spock calls it head-banging... which I assure you makes me sound much cooler than I look... I also bang my head against car seats to the beat of whatever sweet grooves are going. Most kids grow out of this by the age of three... but well you know I like to hold on to tradition. Never Forget. right?

I apologize now to all my friends who have repeatedly mistaken my head-banging for an epileptic seizure.

A study conducted shows that most kids wind up with advanced intelligence if they form this habit, so that's pretty cool I guess. Then again, a more prominent study shows that most kids are autistic if they become head-bangers, especially after the age of three.

My original concern was whether or not I'd suffer a significant amount of brain damage if I continue to head-bang. Now I have to worry about whether I've been living in some autistic closet for 21 years and have just had the door opened.

Question: If being born with webbed feet put me at a 75% risk for being born with Down's, does this new, unnerving statistic cancel that one out..... or just add to the amount of help I should be seeking?

Just remember next time we hang out, that I'm your newly "special" friend Linz. Or as is now the p.c term... I'm "exceptional."

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Blogging to share, learn, and survive.

My Blog List